Akitio Node Thunderbolt 3 External Graphics Card Amplifier
|Interface||1 x 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt 3|
|Power Supply||400 W|
|Dimensions||Not specified by manufacturer|
|Weight||8.0 lb / 3.6 kg|
|Package Weight||13.75 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||23.15 x 13.386 x 9.528″|
Connect an external graphics card to your computer using the power of Thunderbolt 3 with the Node Thunderbolt 3 External PCIe Box for GPUs from AKiTiO. Once connected, your system will be equipped with additional GPU power, enabling it to do things that are normally handled by a high-end workstation or gaming computer. If you’re a video editor or colorist, a dedicated GPU helps reduce the time it takes to render footage and for VR enthusiasts, your system is better equipped to handle headsets and higher framerates. This housing utilizes a PCIe x16 slot that can support a full-length, full-height, and double-width cards and operates using an integrated 400W power supply.
- Thunderbolt 3 for fast transfer speeds up to 40 Gb/s
- One PCIe 3.0 x16 slot supporting full-length, full-height, and double-width cards
- For use with standard and large graphics cards
- Built-in 400W SFX power supply helps provide extra power to the GPU
- PCIe 3.0 x16 slot supplies up to 75W of power
- Four lane PCI Express 3.0 compliant interface
- Removable back panel for double-width cards
- Carry handle to easily transport the device
- Supports Standard and Large PCIe Gen3 x4 Cards
- The PCIe (x16) slot accepts full-length, full-height, double-width cards with enough space available inside the enclosure for both standard and large graphics cards. The four PCIe 3.0 lanes and the Thunderbolt 3 interface are capable of transfer rates up to 40 Gb/s.
- 400W SFX PSU
- The built-in power supply provides enough power for the AKiTiO Node (~10W) as well as for graphics cards. If the standard 75W through the PCIe slot is insufficient, two extra pairs of 8-pin power connectors are available inside the AKiTiO Node that can be connected to the GPU, providing a total of about 390W.
- Thunderbolt 3
- Thunderbolt 3 brings Thunderbolt to USB Type-C at speeds up to 40 Gb/s, creating one compact port that does it all – delivering a fast and versatile connection to virtually any dock, display, or data device. In combination with the AKiTiO Node, this makes it possible to upgrade your regular laptop or mini-PC and achieve a performance that usually requires high-end workstations or specialized gaming computers.