ASRock Z490 Phantom Gaming 4 LGA 1200 Intel Motherboard
- Intel Z490
- Supports 10th Gen Intel Core Processors (Socket 1200)
- Supports DDR4 4400+(OC)/ 4333(OC)/ 4266(OC)/ 4133(OC)/ 4000(OC)/ 3866(OC)/ 3800(OC)/ 3733(OC)/ 3600(OC)/ 3200(OC)/ 2933/ 2800/ 2666/ 2400/ 2133 non-ECC, un-buffered memory
|Model||Z490 Phantom Gaming 4|
|CPU Socket Type||LGA 1200|
|CPU Type||Supports 10th Gen Intel Core Processors (Socket 1200)|
|Supported CPU Technologies||Turbo Boost Technology 3.0|
|Onboard Video Chipset||* Intel UHD Graphics Built-in Visuals and the VGA outputs can be supported only with processors which are GPU integrated.|
– Hardware Accelerated Codecs: AVC/H.264, HEVC/H.265 8bit, HEVC/H.265 10bit, VP8, VP9 8bit, VP9 10bit, MPEG 2, MJPEG, VC-1
* VP9 10bit and VC-1 are for decode only.
* VP8 and VP9 encode are not supported by Windows OS.
– Graphics, Media & Compute: Microsoft DirectX 12, OpenGL 4.5, Intel Built In Visuals, Intel Quick Sync Video, Hybrid / Switchable Graphics, OpenCL 2.1
– Display & Content Security: Rec. 2020 (Wide Color Gamut), Microsoft PlayReady 3.0, Intel SGX Content Protection, UHD/HDR Blu-ray Disc
– Supports HDMI 1.4 with max. resolution up to 4K x 2K (4096×2160) @ 30Hz
– Supports Auto Lip Sync, Deep Color (12bpc), xvYCC and HBR (High Bit Rate Audio) with HDMI 1.4 Port
– Supports HDCP 2.3 with HDMI 1.4 Port
– Supports 4K Ultra HD (UHD) playback with HDMI 1.4 Port
|Number of Memory Slots||4×288pin|
|Memory Standard||Supports DDR4 4400+(OC)*/ 4333(OC)/ 4266(OC)/ 4133(OC)/ 4000(OC)/ 3866(OC)/ 3800(OC)/ 3733(OC)/ 3600(OC)/ 3200(OC)/ 2933/ 2800/ 2666/ 2400/ 2133 non-ECC, un-buffered memory|
* Please refer to Memory Support List on ASRock’s website for more information. (http://www.asrock.com/)
* Core (i9/i7) support DDR4 up to 2933; Core (i5/i3), Pentium and Celeron support DDR4 up to 2666.
|Maximum Memory Supported||128GB|
** Due to the operating system limitation, the actual memory size may be less than 4GB for the reservation for system usage under Windows 32-bit OS. For Windows 64-bit OS with 64-bit CPU, there is no such limitation.
|Channel Supported||Dual Channel|
|PCI Express 3.0 x16||2 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slots (PCIE2/PCIE4: single at x16 (PCIE2); dual at x16 (PCIE2) / x4 (PCIE4)*|
* Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks
|PCI Express x1||3 x PCI Express 3.0 x1 Slots|
|Other Slots||1 x M.2 Socket (Key E), supports type 2230 WiFi/BT module and Intel CNVi (Integrated WiFi/BT)|
|SATA 6Gb/s||6 x SATA3 6.0Gb/s Connectors, support RAID, NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug*|
* If M2_2 is occupied by a SATA-type M.2 device, SATA3_1 will be disabled.
* If M2_2 is occupied by a PCIe-type M.2 device, SATA3_0 will be disabled.
|M.2||1 x Ultra M.2 Socket (M2_2), supports M Key type 2260/2280/22110 M.2 SATA3 6.0Gb/s module and M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32Gb/s)**|
** Supports Intel Optane Technology
** Supports NVMe SSD as boot disks
** Supports ASRock U.2 Kit
|Intel Optane Ready||Yes|
|SATA RAID||RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, Intel Rapid Storage Technology 17|
|Audio Chipset||Realtek ALC1200|
|Audio Channels||7.1 Channels|
|LAN Chipset||Intel I219-V|
|Max LAN Speed||10/100/1000Mbps|
|Back I/O Ports||2 x Antenna Mounting Ports|
1 x PS/2 Mouse/Keyboard Port
1 x HDMI Port
1 x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A Port (10Gb/s) (ReDriver) (Supports ESD Protection)
1 x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C Port (10Gb/s) (ReDriver) (Supports ESD Protection)
2 x USB 3.2 Gen1 Ports (Supports ESD Protection)
2 x USB 2.0 Ports (Supports ESD Protection)
1 x RJ-45 LAN Port with LED (ACT/LINK LED and SPEED LED)
HD Audio Jacks: Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone
|Onboard USB||1 x USB 2.0 Header (Supports 2 USB 2.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection)|
2 x USB 3.2 Gen1 Headers (Support 4 USB 3.2 Gen1 ports) (Supports ESD Protection)
|Other Connectors||1 x COM Port Header|
1 x SPI TPM Header
1 x Power LED and Speaker Header
2 x RGB LED Headers
* Support in total up to 12V/3A, 36W LED Strip.
2 x Addressable LED Headers
* Support in total up to 5V/3A, 15W LED Strip.
1 x CPU Fan Connector (4-pin)
* The CPU Fan Connector supports the CPU fan of maximum 1A (12W) fan power.
1 x CPU/Water Pump Fan Connector (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)
* The CPU/Water Pump Fan supports the water cooler fan of maximum 2A (24W) fan power.
4 x Chassis/Water Pump Fan Connectors (4-pin) (Smart Fan Speed Control)
* The Chassis/Water Pump Fan supports the water cooler fan of maximum 2A (24W) fan power.
* CPU_FAN2/WP, CHA_FAN1/WP, CHA_FAN2/WP, CHA_FAN3/WP and CHA_FAN4/WP can auto detect if 3-pin or 4-pin fan is in use.
1 x Front Panel Audio Connector
1 x Thunderbolt AIC Connector (5-pin) (Supports ASRock Thunderbolt 3 AIC R2.0 Card only)
|Dimensions (W x L)||12.0″ x 8.8″|
|Power Pin||1 x 24-pin ATX Power Connector|
1 x 8-pin 12V Power Connector
1 x 4-pin 12V Power Connector
ASRock USB 3.2 Gen2
– ASRock USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A Port (10Gb/s)
– ASRock USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C Port (10Gb/s)
ASRock Super Alloy
– Premium 50A Power Choke
– Sapphire Black PCB
– High Density Glass Fabric PCB
ASRock Intel 4-Layer Memory POOL (Planes on Outer Layers) Technology
ASRock Steel Slots
ASRock Ultra M.2 (PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA3)
ASRock POST Status Checker (PSC)
ASRock Full Spike Protection (for all USB, Audio, LAN Ports)
ASRock Live Update & APP Shop
Software and UEFI
Z490 Phantom Gaming 4
Unleash the full potential of the 10th Gen Intel Core processors with ASRock’s Z490 Phantom Gaming 4, an Intel motherboard featuring 10 power phase design and BFB Technology. All-around hardware support and versatile connectivity options make it easy to build a high-performance system.
Whether you are using headphones, headset, external or internal speakers, via USB, Wi-Fi, analog output or even HDMI, Nahimic Audio offers you the most engaging listening experience, vibrant and rich with details.
The Sound Tracker is a visual indicator that points out the directions from which predominant sounds are coming. Each sound is properly positioned in 360° on a radar for a full immersion during the game.
Base Frequency Boost (BFB) Technology
Who ever said that only K series CPUs and the Z-family platform are capable of being performed with maximum power. Via ASRock BFB (Boost Frequency Boost) Technology, users may install their non K series CPUs on ASRock’s 400 series motherboards (even non Z models) and enjoy the base frequency boost with the hidden power of processors immediately.
While ASRock BFB breathes life into non K series CPUs and non Z series motherboards, the boost frequency currently still depends on the cooling system applied on your rig.
* BFB frequency performance results may vary between different CPUs and hardware configurations. Frequency shown in this chart is for reference only.
10 Power Phase Design
Featuring sturdy components and completely smooth power delivery to the CPU. Plus, it offers unmatched overclocking capabilities and enhanced performance with the lowest temperature for advanced gamers as well.
Premium 50A Power Choke
Compared to traditional chokes, ASRock’s premium 50A power chokes effectively make the saturation current up to three times better, thus providing enhanced and improved Vcore voltage to the motherboard.
Heat Dissipating PCB Technology
Luxurious features extend to the onboard heat dissipating PCB points. Heat Dissipating PCB gives the motherboard a more mysterious touch and this design effectively takes heat away from PCB and lowers down the temperature up to 4.1 degrees!
Intel LAN provides the best throughput performance, lower CPU utilization, enhanced stability and is able to deliver ultimate network experience to users!