ASUS Prime B450-Plus AMD AM4 ATX With Aura Sync RGB DDR4 Motherboard
The Prime B450 Plus AM4 ATX Motherboard from Asus is built on the AMD B450 chipset supporting first- and second-generation socket AM4 AMD Ryzen processors. It has four memory slots, which can accommodate up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM at speeds of up to 3200 MHz when overclocked. For storage, there are six SATA III ports and one M.2 slot that supports both SATA and PCIe 3.0 x4 interface for speeds of up to 32 Gb/s when used with an appropriate M.2 drive. While it’s equipped with DVI-D and HDMI ports for integrated graphics, this motherboard also has one PCIe 3.0 x16 slot for a dedicated GPU as well as one PCIe 2.0 x16 and three PCIe 2.0 x1 slots for other PCIe-based hardware. Other noteworthy integrated features include Realtek ALC 887-VD2 8-channel HD audio, Realtek 8111H Gigabit LAN, and Asus Aura RGB lighting.
- To help keep things cool, the Prime B450 has multiple fan headers that support both DC and PWM modes, so you can control their speed within BIOS or a third-party software to find a perfect balance between noise and cooling.
- Aside from six SATA ports, this motherboard is also equipped with a single M.2 slot, which supports both PCIe and SATA interfaces, for speeds of up to 32 Gb/s when used with an appropriate drive. Moreover, all AMD B450 motherboards come with AMD StoreMI technology, which is a software designed to increase system responsiveness by caching frequently used data to your SSD or RAM.
- There are four memory slots supporting up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM at speeds of up to 3200 MHz when overclocked. It also supports ECC memory; however, compatibility varies by CPU.
- The Prime B450 is built with Realtek ALC 887-VD2 8-channel HD audio, LED illumination, audio shielding, dedicated PCB layers, and premium audio capacitors to deliver an immersive listening experience for all types of applications whether you’re using speakers or headphones.
- Aside from the built-in LED-illuminated audio section of this motherboard, it also has an Asus Aura Sync RGB header that you can use for other RGB-compatible products to light up your build.
- For Ryzen processors with integrated Radeon Vega graphics, this motherboard has HDMI and DVI-D ports you can use to connect a display. DVI-D supports a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1200 at 60 Hz whereas HDMI can support up to 4096 x 2160 at 60 Hz.
- Additional Features
- UEFI BIOS
- Q-DIMM & Q-Slot enhanced RAM circuitry
- Asus 5x Protection III: SafeSlot Core, ESD Guard, Over-voltage Protection, Stainless-Steel Back I/O, Digi+ VRM
- Asus AI Charger, Asus File Transfer, Asus AI Suite 3, Asus PC Cleaner