Western Digital SATA 2000GB BLACK EDITION 3.5″ HDD
WD drives use less power and support quieter, cooler-running desktop PCs and external storage devices.
- DUAL ACTUATOR TECHNOLOGYThe WD Caviar Black (2 TB and 1.5 TB models only) features a head positioning system with two actuators to improve positional accuracy over the data track(s). The primary actuator provides coarse displacement using conventional electromagnetic actuator principles. The secondary actuator uses a piezoelectric motor to fine tune the head positioning to a higher degree of accuracy.
- STABLETRACThe motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking, during read and write operations. (2 TB and 1.5 TB models only)
- NOTOUCH RAMP LOAD TECHNOLOGYThe recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media, as well as better drive protection in transit.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE ELECTRONICS ARCHITECTUREThe electronics architecture of WD Caviar Black employs dual processor – twice the processing power, and up to 64 MB colossal cache to maximize performance.
- INTELLISEEK TECHNOLOGYWD’s IntelliSeek technology proactively calculates an optimum seek speed to eliminate hasty movement of the actuator, resulting in lower power consumption, noise and vibration.
- SATA 6 GB/S INTERFACESATA 6 Gb/s (SATA Revision 3.0) provides twice the bus bandwidth of SATA 3Gb/s (SATA II) along with enhancements including a new Native Command Queuing (NCQ) and improved power management capabilities. SATA 6 Gb/s uses the same connector as SATA 3 Gb/s and is compatible with Microsoft Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 and Mac OS X.